Birth Doula Services – Sonoma & Marin Counties
Supporting Relationship between Partners & Helping Navigate the Wild and Raw Experience of Birth
As a woman who has traveled the uncertain terrain of labor and birth, I am able to mentor and support parents from a deep place. I am a competent guide who possesses a felt-sense and body wisdom that only experience can teach. Labor and birth require a mindful witness and ally who is familiar with the alchemy of this profound rite of passage. My work as a doula is not only to inhabit the role of advocate for your desired experience, but also as guardian of your birth space. My role as a mentor is to help you and your partner awaken to your own knowing and wisdom as you navigate the path of either becoming first-time parents or expanding your family.
I am committed to creating a space for love, reverence and trust during this enormously transformative phase of a woman’s life. The experience of pregnancy, birth and becoming a mother is a journey like no other. I see myself as a guide for women and their partners, doing my best to help reveal inner, personal resources as well as their combined capabilities as a couple.
Birth Doula Services Include:
- Initial visit to get to know each other, see if we’re a good match and assess expectations
- Three to four additional prenatal visits to explore any concerns and questions
- 24-hour phone access starting two weeks prior to your ‘guess date’
- Continuous support during labor and birth and up to two hours immediate postpartum. If desired, and birthing outside your home, this can include support at home until ready to leave for your chosen birthplace
- In-person, postpartum visits – day one and day three
- Postpartum check-in by phone between day seven and day ten
- Access to lending library
- Referrals to other professionals as needed (alternative health practitioners to support your pregnancy and postpartum recovery)