Postpartum Doula Services – Serving Sonoma & Marin Counties
Cherishing Mothers & Fathers and Nourishing Expanded Families
Assisting families with the transition of having a newborn is one of my greatest joys. I work beside the family to foster confidence and knowledge during this special time. Because extended family may live far away, or busy schedules and work are in process for close family and friends, I can fill in the support gaps for new families needing assistance.
- Assistance with newborn care – changing diapers, soothing, bathing, and answering your “is this normal” questions
- Breastfeeding support – latch and positioning assistance, breast care tips, help with pumping, tips to increase milk supply
- Support for the entire family – judgment free listening, baby care so parents can sleep, organizing
- Light housekeeping
- Running errands & shopping
- Postpartum nutrition assistance and simple meal preparation
- Baby soothing techniques
- Sibling care
- Dog walking and other animal care
- Referrals to local resources such as parenting classes, pediatricians, lactation support and support groups.